Filoti is the largest of all Naxian villages. Set amphitheatrically on the slopes of two hills at the foot of Mount Zas, it is virtually surrounded by impressive summits which leave two openings, one headed west to Tragea, the other south to the local livestock farms. Roughly 60,000 sheep are reared in this area.
There are cafes and taverns, many of them been shaded by a massive (over 100 years old) plane tree.
Panagia Filotitissa (in Filoti) with the white marble icon screen is worth a visit. The Hellenic Currencies Museum (Filoti main road) is a collection of Greek coins and banknotes (early 1800 – today).