Duration: 5 hours
Price varies depending on number of participants.
Click "Book Now" button to check the exact cost.
Follow one of the most beautiful trails of Naxos through picturesque settlements, ancient marble quarries and the fertile valley of Potamia.
Hike through the richest plains of the island as you begin your walking adventure from Kourounochori, past herbs and flowers, olive trees, lush landscape, and impressive monuments.
Explore an area that has played a central role in the island`s history, as can be seen from the ancient marble quarries that have been lying here for over 2500 years.
Admire the remains of the ancient water system, still in use today, as you navigate your way along rugged donkey paths.
Marvel at majestic towers, a relic of the Venetian era, when they played host to successive Dukes´ summer palaces.
Immerse yourself in the local culture as you make a short stop at a taverna, and enjoy hearing fascinating stories about the area´s glorious past.
This is an easy walking tour.
Please wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
The total distance of the hike is approximately 8.5 kilometers
The highest altitude reached is around 150 meters.
- Pick up from your hotel in Naxos Town
- English speaking professional driver
- English speaking professional escort
- Luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks (optional stop on the way)
- Gratuities and Church donations (customary – not obligatory)
- Pick up from another location outside Naxos Town (available for an additional charge)